The MISSION of Van Buren/Cass District Health Department is to promote AND contribute to the highest level of health possible for the people of Van Buren and Cass County by:
- Identifying & reducing health risks in the community,
- Detecting, investigating & preventing the spread of disease,
- Promoting healthy lifestyles,
- Promoting a safe & healthful environment,
- Promoting the availability of accessible quality health care services through the private sector,
- Providing quality health care services to those with limited resources and access.
Our VISION is to be responsive to a dynamic and diverse environment. In addition to the programs and services provided to our residents, we serve as a catalyst for improving health and quality of life by collaborating with other health care providers and agencies.
The Van Buren/Cass District Health Department believes in the following core VALUES:
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to needed services that achieve optimal outcomes.
- All people should be empowered to exercise informed choices.
- Continually improve both organizational management and service delivery.
- Diversity and cultural competence is integrated into all service activities.
- Enhance the involvement of persons served in all of our service activities.
In support of our mission, vision and values, the Van Buren/Cass District Health Department’s PURPOSES are:
- Develop and maintain current, field-driven operations to improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services we provide.
- Reduce disease and better the health of the whole public.
- Seek input and be responsive to the individuals we serve.
- Provide information and education, as needed, to the public.
- Provide health services where they are not otherwise available.
- Be committed to the improvement of our programs and services with a focus on the needs and outcomes of the clients we serve by continually learning about and improving health and linking to other institutions and organizations.
- Prepare to respond to a public health emergency or disaster.
- Provide leadership when needed.
- Providing health care options that are efficient and cost-effective.
- Partnering to provide best solutions to complex health issues.