Guidance For Businesses Reopening
As the curve continues to flatten and many businesses reopen their doors, the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) within the Dept. of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) issued workplace guidelines for employers and employees and created a new hotline, 855-SAFEC19 (855-723-3219), to answer guideline questions and further protect Michigan’s workforce from the spread of COVID-19.
- MDHHS Guidance for Businesses
- MI Occupational Safety & Health Administration (COVID-19 guidance)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
- MI Dept of Labor & Economic Opportunity - Return to work guidelines for construction
- Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 - U.S. Department of Labor - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Opening Up America Again
Sector Specific Guidance Information
- At Home
- Businesses and Employers
- Child Care
- Community and Faith-based Organizations
- Correctional and Detention Facilities
- First Responders and MDHHS’s EMS Resources and Communications
- Food Establishments
- Farming - U-Pick Operations
- Healthcare Facilities
- Homeless Shelters
- Higher Education
- K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events
- Meat and Poultry Processing Workers & Employers
- Pregnant women, breastfeeding and children
- Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19.
- Restaurants - Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association
- Restaurants, Retail Food Stores and Food Pick-up/Delivery Services
- Retirement Communities
- Small Business
Sample Recovery Plans
Cleaning & Disinfecting
Where to Locate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Resources to assist Michigan businesses on where to procure the PPE that they need to keep their workers safe as they are able to come back online. Below are some resources you can provide to private businesses if they contact you requesting help procuring PPE.
- Pure Michigan Business Connect connects Michigan businesses with procurement needs with Michigan based personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety products suppliers.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of companies that source, manufacture or distribute PPE equipment.
- To help prepare Michigan's small businesses to manage guidelines and regulations for safe work, Small Business Association of Michigan has compiled a list of resources of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). More updates on this site to come soon!
Other Helpful Links
Know Your Employment Rights: Michigan.gov Department of Attorney General