The Van Buren/Cass District Health Department is planning for the arrival and distribution of COVID-19 vaccine. It is anticipated to arrive before the end of the month. We will be prioritizing distribution based on a State and Federal prioritization protocol. To appropriately plan for distribution, we are asking critical infrastructure agencies and organizations to complete a brief (approx 2 minute) survey to help us plan.
Please complete this survey by COB Friday, December 11th (1 per agency please).
Survey Monkey Link: https://www.
Please click the link for FAQ’s released by the CDC for more information. https://www.cdc.gov/
Dept. of Labor and Economic Opportunity’s COVID-19 WORKPLACE SAFETY GUIDANCE
11/06/2020 MDHHS has released recommendations for employers on how to keep workplaces safe. Consistent with emergency rules enacted by the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity on Oct. 14, executive summary:
– Given the available epidemiological data with concerning rising cases of COVID-19, employers have a crucial role to play to ensure that employees who must come to work are operating in a safe environment.
– Employers should adopt practices to make workplaces as safe as possible
– Work should be completed remotely unless it is strictly necessary for an employee to be in person to complete their job duties.
10.14.2020 MIOSHA Emergency Rules Fact Sheet
9/14/2020, updated 10/29/2020 Interim Public Guidance: Contact Sports Learn about the risks of getting COVID-19 while playing contact sports and mitigation measures teams should adopt.
9/11/2020 The Dept. of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) and Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) are launching a new program to support Michigan businesses to reopen safely. The MIOSHA Ambassador Program offers education and one-on-one guidance to help businesses understand regulations on workplace safety. Educational materials in the Ambassador toolkit can be found at Michigan.gov/
09/04/2020 Guidance for Reopening Aquatic Venues
7/13/2020 Michigan State Police State Emergency Operations Center NEWS RELEASE
Guidance For Businesses Reopening
As the curve continues to flatten and many businesses reopen their doors, the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) within the Dept. of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) issued workplace guidelines for employers and employees and created a new hotline, 855-SAFEC19 (855-723-3219), to answer guideline questions and further protect Michigan’s workforce from the spread of COVID-19.
- MDHHS Guidance for Businesses
- MI Occupational Safety & Health Administration (COVID-19 guidance)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
- MI Dept of Labor & Economic Opportunity - Return to work guidelines for construction
- Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 - U.S. Department of Labor - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Opening Up America Again
- CDC Resuming Business Toolkit
Sector Specific Guidance Information
- Reopening Aquatic Venues
- 9/3/2020 MDARD Reminds U-pick, Corn Mazes and Agri-Tourism Operators to Follow COVID-19 Safety Guidance for the Fall Season
- Public Guidance for Contact Sports
- Updated 9/14/2020 Interim Public Guidance: Contact Sports
- New 10/13/2020 Guidance for Band, Choir and Orchestra
Sample Recovery Plans
Cleaning & Disinfecting
Where to Locate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Resources to assist Michigan businesses on where to procure the PPE that they need to keep their workers safe as they are able to come back online. Below are some resources you can provide to private businesses if they contact you requesting help procuring PPE.
Schools should use the MEDC platform to find PPE
- Pure Michigan Business Connect connects Michigan businesses with procurement needs with Michigan based personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety products suppliers.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of companies that source, manufacture or distribute PPE equipment.
- To help prepare Michigan's small businesses to manage guidelines and regulations for safe work, Small Business Association of Michigan has compiled a list of resources of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). More updates on this site to come soon!
Due to the nationwide shortage of disinfecting wipes, which has increased both the cost and difficulty in procuring this item, the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) is discontinuing procurement and distribution of disinfecting wipes.
Below are the requirements for appropriately disinfecting and the link to the CDC recommendations for “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility”: Please continue to source disinfecting products using your normal procuring processes and following the CDC guidance on properly disinfecting surfaces.
· Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant .
Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
Many products recommend:
o Keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label).
o Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.