Public Health Nurses assist the public and area providers by:
- Investigating and intervening for potential communicable disease outbreaks
- Assuring correct reporting of governmentally required reportable diseases.
- Click Resource link: “Reportable Diseases in Michigan” below to see a list of reportable diseases.
- Educating the public and providers regarding public health aspects of communicable diseases.
- Evaluation and treatment of potential and confirmed tuberculosis.
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing
Emerging Diseases Website Update
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases (EZID) Section has recently updated the format on the Emerging Diseases website (www.michigan.gov/emergingdiseases). In addition to re-organizing the content to be more mobile-friendly, there is a new mapping application (MI Disease Mapper: http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/midiseasemapper/) that allows visitors to the site to design custom searches of Michigan’s surveillance data for diseases transmitted by insects and animals Please take some time to acquaint yourself with the new site.
Contact Numbers for Locations, Information and Assistance
Diana Baker, RN
Phone: 269.782.0064 ext. 2015
Van Buren County
Julie Beeching, RN
Phone: 269.621.3143 ext. 1392
All services are provided as the need arises, generally during business hours for non-emergent situations and generally by appointment only.
Many other services are provided free. Please ask the Public Health nurse or our Receptionist regarding the charges for specific services.