Anyone requesting information must make a request using the FOIA request form.
Please fax FOIA form to (269) 621-2725, or mail to the main office at:
260 South Street, Lawrence MI 49064,
Emailed to the main office at email@example.com.
- All requests should describe (in as much detail as possible) the information wanted and the purpose of the information requested.
- FOIA Requests are usually filled within 5 days. Dependent upon the amount of information requested filling the request may take longer than 5 days, if this happens you will be contacted.
- Requests must be legible and include a phone number in case there are any questions.
- If a request has been denied, an explanation will be given to the requestor as soon as possible.
- If a requester has an outstanding balance from previous requests, the Health Department has the right to deny the request until the past due balance is paid in full.
FOIA Requests will be charged accordingly:
- Paper, fax and electronic (email) copies $0.10/page (includes cost of paper, toner, and machine use), two sided copies are charged for 1 page ($0.10/page).
- Clerk time $4.50 per 15 mins; (there is a minimum charge of $4.50 per request).
Copies sent by fax or electronically (email) are charged the same as above. If the record is in some form or medium other than paper, the actual cost of preparing a duplicate is charged. (i.e.: x-ray film) and will take longer to fill. Request to have a record placed on DVD/Flash drive, etc. will be charged the actual cost of these devices plus copying. Due to agency policy, these devices can only be provided by us. We cannot accept a device provided by the requestor. Plus, it may take longer to fulfill.
Mailing charge (first class, overnight, etc.) is additional.