To protect and promote the highest level of health possible for the communities we serve
Dedicated and Passionate about Public Health
Grounded in Teamwork
Accessible, Approachable, Authentic
In support of our mission, vision and values
- Develop and maintain current, field-driven operations to improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services we provide.
- Reduce disease and better the health of the whole public.
- Seek input and be responsive to the individuals we serve.
- Provide information and education, as needed, to the public.
- Provide health services where they are not otherwise available.
- Be committed to the improvement of our programs and services with a focus on the needs and outcomes of the clients we serve by continually learning about and improving health and linking to other institutions and organizations.
- Prepare to respond to a public health emergency or disaster.
- Provide leadership when needed.
- Providing health care options that are efficient and cost-effective.
- Partnering to provide best solutions to complex health issues.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Van Buren/Cass District Health Department stands strong in our mission to protect and promote the highest level of health possible for the communities we serve. Cultivating a community that prioritizes diversity, inclusion, and health equity for all regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or socioeconomic status is critical to our success.